There is one playground-related emergency room visit every two and a half minutes! That's a problem! SLYDE® the Playground Hound has answers.
That was Then...
THE PROBLEMS (2001)
- Each year over 400,000 preschool and elementary children are injured on America's playgrounds.
- From January 1990 to August 2000, CPSC received reports of 147 deaths of children under the age of 15 that involved playground equipment.
- Based on these statistics a child is injured every other minute and one death occurs every month.
This is Now...
THE PROBLEMS (2012)
- Each year 22,000 children under 14 years old is treated in an emergency room for injuries associated with playground equipment
- From 2001 to 2008, the CSPC investigated 40 deaths associated with playground equipment. The average age of the victims was 6 years.
- Based on this information, a children is injured, on average, every 2 ½ minutes. There is one fatality every two and ½ months.
The Playground Safety Message Slyde and Others Teach IS MAKING AN IMPACT!
With manufacturers building safer playgrounds every year, what else can be done to prevent playground injuries?
Teach our children! Give our children the knowledge they need to recognize hazards and avoid dangerous situations. Let SLYDE® the Playground Hound teach your children all about playground safety.
SLYDE® the Playground Hound is a truly lovable character. Kids love to learn from SLYDE® in many ways.