Playground Safety Week – April 24th-28th
Preparing your class for Playground Safety Week need take only a few minutes of advance planning, and SLYDE the Playground Hound is here to help. Adapted for ages 4 years to 2nd grade, you can be sure to find something for just one or multiple activities. Remember, activities should be focused on reinforcing safe behavior at the playground.
- Rent the Slyde Costume – check early for availability. Although we have more than one costume, they rent fast during Playground Safety Week.
- Purchase the Slyde The Playground Hound Classroom kit. Slyde kits are available in 2 sizes. CLICK HERE.
- Read the Slyde Storybook and color pages you can print, click here.
- Send a press release to your local newspaper/news station letting them know the activities you have planned. Children love seeing themselves in the news.
- Write a letter to the Governor of your state asking him to recognize this week as Playground Safety Week – do this well in advance. Each state has a different protocol, but usually the Governor's office will send you a copy of the Proclamation to hang in your school/classroom.
- Take a few minutes to look through and gather activities from Slyde’s website for children, click here.
- Review archives of The Essential Slyde Newsletter to find even more activities, click here.
- Make the SlydeToons™ a Story-Order Game. Slyde Exclusive Activity CLICK HERE FOR GAME RULES.
- Have the children create their own Playground Safety Message Posters using instructions from this Slyde Exclusive Activity. See how to submit safety posters here.